Thursday, 20 June 2013

The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole #1)

Author: Kathryn Lasky
Characters: Digger, Soren, Marella, Gylfie, Twilight
Genre: Fantasy and Adventure
My Rating: 3/5


Soren is a young owl who was pushed by his elder brother from his nest and was abducted by the "bad" owls. He meets Gylfie in St. Aggies school for orphan which actually was a training center where the young owls were brainwashed and trained for war. Gylfie and Soren work together and try to escape from a deep pit without knowing how to fly...

When I saw the cover and read the summary I thought this is a children's book and its gonna be kinda silly. Still I bought it for my baby sister, thinking she will love it. I started reading the book just to get an idea what the story is all about and in 2 hours I completed the book. It's an extremely easy read and even though it's childish still it keeps you hooked. As a reader I was so fascinated by the owls and the struggle of Soren and Gylfie I just couldn't stop reading without knowing how will it end.

XOXO
Arushi Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment