Monday, 7 April 2014

After the Rain (Rain Trilogy #3)

Author: Karen Anne-Stewart
Genre: Romance, Mystery
Rating: 4/5

Note: This book is for adults only due to sensitive issues regarding abuse and trafficking.

I sort of stumbled on Rain Trilogy. While surfing in Goodreads I responded to a request to blog the book trailer which led to me reviewing the first book (Saving Rain) then the second (Healing Rain) and finally the third (After the Rain). I just got hooked from the first page and that is why I was almost in a state of denial. I just did not wanted to accept that this is the end, there is not going to be another one. Good books are like Good Friends but Good Series are like family. Rain Trilogy became my family. Kas and Raina became my family.

Because of my love I almost gave 'After the Rain' 5 out 5 but when I rationally and objectively considered the book, it's more of a 4.

The focus in the first 2 books was mainly on Kas and Raina's relationship and Raina's emotional recovery but in 'After the Rain' the focus not really shifts but broadens and Trafficking becomes the leading theme instead of a secondary one.

After abusive daddy and stalking ex-boyfriend Raina has to deal with Ghost. This means Kas goes in SUPER PROTECTIVE MODE. Raina was as usual strong but sometimes stupid. I love the fact that she is not "Damsel in Distress" but at the same time I love that Kas is always there as a "Knight in Shining Armour". The story was beautiful, writing was beautiful and ending was beautiful and even though some characters were lost in the way (God save their Fictitious Soul), mission was accomplished.

I guess there is nothing left to say accept I hope there is more of Raina and Kas, a novella maybe?

Eternally hoping with fingers crossed,
XOXO
Arushi Raj

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review The Rain Trilogy, Arushi! I'm glad you enjoyed Kas and Raina's story :). I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly my pleasure.
      Have a nice day
      :-)

      Delete